I offer an educationally sound, solutions focused product that will help deliver effective learning for your learners. I start with questions - who are your learners, what problem are you trying to solve, and what content do you want to deliver. I then look for creative, educationally sound, engaging solutions to deliver the content to your learners.
As an educator, and someone who has always loved technology, I became interested in e-learning when I was offered a short term position providing quality assurance at an e-learning company. The work was interesting, and I soon began doing instructional design work for the same company. I loved being able to critically examine the content, audience, and project goals and learning objectives, to look at unique, interactive, and engaging ways to help the learners understand the content. I continued to work with them as a part-time instructional designer for two years, before starting my own consulting business.
My interest in instructional design has grown from there. I participate actively in the E-Learning Heroes community, and take on interesting e-learning and blended learning consulting projects when the opportunity presents.
Meaghan has more than thirteen years of curriculum design experience ranging from workshop and conference presentations, to online course development for a wide range of audiences, and college curriculums.
A licensed educator, and part-time faculty member at Holland College, Meaghan has experience teaching individuals of all ages from students to adults. She has a strong understanding of and background in curriculum design, learning theories and adult education principles.
Meaghan holds a Masters of Education in Curriculum, Teaching and Learning with a focus on Technology Enhanced Learning from Memorial University of Newfoundland. In addition, she holds both a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Education.
Her professional profile includes:
- Experience in the design and development of curriculum, content and assessments for classroom, blended, and online delivery
- Knowledgeable in the principles of adult education
- Experience in researching and writing literature reviews
- Able to communicate, both orally and in writing, at a level and in a format consistent with the audience
- Able to communicate with people of another culture in a way that earns respect and trust
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team to achieve results
- Experience in Captivate 7, Articulate Studio and Storyline II, word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, databases, internet and other standard computer applications
- Experience in WordPress based web design
- Certified first aid and CPR instructor with more than 15 years of experience delivering courses to workplaces
- Professional Member of the Canadian Institute for Performance and Learning
Contact me today to discuss your company's learning needs. Let me help you train your staff for success.